Forms of concerns used during interview for collecting information. Part 1
The toolbox of the interviewer that is professional packed with tricks. One of these could be the utilization of the proper concern in a appropriate time. Therefore, there are numerous forms of concerns depending on the requirements regarding the interviewer. Their art is based on seeking the question that is right making the person talk and inform his secrets. When this occurs, your reader will appreciate such an interview and never stop reading it in the centre. With respect to the function they perform within the meeting, questions are divided into:
- Subject concerns,
- management questions,
- behavioral questions.
Function of topic kinds of concerns
The goal of the questions that are subject to acquire information. Subject concerns are actual, evaluating, introspective, projective and hypothetical.
- Actual questions are questions regarding genuine events, for instance: ” What did you discuss during your final meeting with the president?”
- Assessing questions are questions about the attitude for the interlocutor to something or someone, as an example: ” What do you think about those who can not make money?”
- Introspection questions are questions regarding the emotions associated with interlocutor, as an example: ” just What did you feel when he picked up the weapon and began pointing at you?”
- Projective concerns are questions regarding the possible behavior associated with the interlocutor in imaginary circumstances, for instance: ” just What could you do when your kid were taken hostage?”
- Hypothetical questions are questions regarding feasible activities additionally the conditions for their development, for instance: “When will Russia be able to manage to have a specialist army?”
Function of management forms of questions
Management questions serve to manage the dialogue as they are divided in to opening, transitional, filtering, approving and cognitive.
Using the starting question, the journalist usually starts a job interview. Questions with this type comprise of two components. The part that is first a statement when the journalist names this issue regarding the interview. The next part is just a closed question (requiring a “yes” or “no” answer). The combination of “affirmation plus a open concern” is risky, since an open concern can provoke a long message for the interlocutor, that will be unwelcome at the start of the meeting.
Transitional questions contain an element of the interlocutor’s declaration and a question that is new. They produce the impression of continuity of discussion, for instance: “You stated that in your time that is spare you to drive. And exactly how would you feel in regards to the brand new pastime of our elite – skiing? “
Filtering questions include thematic statement outline a fragment associated with answer and a request for clarification. They assist to clarify exactly what happens to be said, also to keep carefully the thread of conversation if the interlocutor deviates through the topic.
The approving real question is an exclamation additionally the demand to share with further. As an example, the interlocutor states which he won a million bucks in the lottery. Replica associated with journalist: “Million bucks! And exactly how did you may spend it? “
The question that is cognitive to comprehend and assess the just-heard answer, for instance: “Do not you discover this statement exaggerated?”